Perez, Chilton penalised for triggering crashes
Montreal: Force India`s Sergio Perez and Marussia`s Max Chilton were both handed penalties for the next race after triggering crashes at the Canadian Grand Prix, Formula One officials said on Sunday.
Perez will drop five grid spots at the next event, the Austrian Grand Prix on June 22, after the Mexican caused a last lap crash with Brazilian Felipe Massa`s Williams when he changed his racing line, sending both cars flying into the safety barriers.
Chilton will be pushed back three positions in Austria for his role in a first lap crash with team mate Jules Bianchi.
Heading into turn four the Briton lost control, hitting Bianchi and sending the Frenchman`s car spinning hard into the wall.
It marked the first time in his Grand Prix career (25 starts) that Chilton had failed to finish a race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok