Perez, Chilton penalised for triggering crashes
Montreal: Force India`s Sergio Perez and Marussia`s Max Chilton were both handed penalties for the next race after triggering crashes at the Canadian Grand Prix, Formula One officials said on Sunday.
Perez will drop five grid spots at the next event, the Austrian Grand Prix on June 22, after the Mexican caused a last lap crash with Brazilian Felipe Massa`s Williams when he changed his racing line, sending both cars flying into the safety barriers.
Chilton will be pushed back three positions in Austria for his role in a first lap crash with team mate Jules Bianchi.
Heading into turn four the Briton lost control, hitting Bianchi and sending the Frenchman`s car spinning hard into the wall.
It marked the first time in his Grand Prix career (25 starts) that Chilton had failed to finish a race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise