Perez, Chilton penalised for triggering crashes
Montreal: Force India`s Sergio Perez and Marussia`s Max Chilton were both handed penalties for the next race after triggering crashes at the Canadian Grand Prix, Formula One officials said on Sunday.
Perez will drop five grid spots at the next event, the Austrian Grand Prix on June 22, after the Mexican caused a last lap crash with Brazilian Felipe Massa`s Williams when he changed his racing line, sending both cars flying into the safety barriers.
Chilton will be pushed back three positions in Austria for his role in a first lap crash with team mate Jules Bianchi.
Heading into turn four the Briton lost control, hitting Bianchi and sending the Frenchman`s car spinning hard into the wall.
It marked the first time in his Grand Prix career (25 starts) that Chilton had failed to finish a race.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`