Red Bull team officials asked Vettel to make way for Ricciardo at Bahrain GP
Sydney: Red Bull ace Sebastian Vettel was reportedly told by team officials to make way for his teammate Daniel Ricciardo at the Bahrain Grand Prix on Sunday.
Although the Australian Formula One driver has reportedly yet to follow his countryman Mark Webber and score a podium finish for Red Bull racing, but by overtaking Vettel he did something Webber could not achieve.
According to the Sydney Morning Herald, during the 16th lap at Bahrain Ricciardo was heard on race radio telling his team to do something about being caught behind Vettel asking them to decide what to do.
Red Bull then asked Vettel if he could allow Ricciardo to go ahead, as he was faster than him and Vettel complied with it.
It was reportedly a karma moment for Australian formula one fans as Ricciardo went past Vettel because there has been perceptions that Red Bull favoured Vettel over Webber during their five years of racing together before the Australian quit formula one racing at the end of last season.
Although Vettel managed to edge back ahead of Ricciardo with pit stops and safety cars playing their part in the race strategy, but on the 50 th lap the Australian overtook the German to move into fifth place and four laps later he was just metres away from snatching third place from Force India driver Sergio Perez, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news