South Africa`s ombudswoman has given President Jacob Zuma a fortnight to explain why he should not repay some of the USD 23 million of public money lavished on his farm, media reported today.
Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said Saturday that all systems in India`s central hospitals have been placed under critical review to end "systemic and symptomatic" corruption.
Under attack for removing whistleblower IFS officer Sanjeev Chaturvedi as AIIMS Chief Vigilance Officer, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan said various forms of corruption exist in central hospitals and efforts are on to end the "systemic and symptomatic" corruption.
Romania`s former prime minister Adrian Nastase, sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail for his role in two corruption cases, was released from prison on Thursday.
Modi who laid the foundation stone of the Metro rail project in Nagpur said that Metro rail these days have become the identity of the big cities and now Nagpur`s name will be added to the list of modern Indian cities.
US has said that it does not support any extra-constitutional changes in Pakistan, where deadlock continues between Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and two key opposition figures seeking his resignation over allegations of corruption and election rigging.
Following the arrest of Censor Board CEO Rakesh Kumar by CBI in connection with a case of alleged bribery, Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar on Wednesday said that processes will be made simpler so that corruption can be eliminated.
A special anti-money laundering court on Tuesday attached assets worth Rs 800 crore of YSR Congress leader Jaganmohan Reddy and his associates in connection with its probe into alleged corruption and money laundering in an infrastructure project in Andhra Pradesh.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday sought suggestions from the public to help re-fashion the Soviet-inspired central Planning Commission that supporters say is in line with a new, open style of governance.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Monday asked IAS probationers to perform with integrity and cultivate an attitude of zero tolerance to corruption.
Congress and Aam Aadmi Party on Saturday criticized the inclusion of former Karnataka Chief Minister B S Yeddyurappa in BJP`s new team of office-bearers wondering over Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s ways of combating corruption.
A standing committee member of the Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP), Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, has been charged with corruption.
In a huge embarrassment to Janata Dal (United) chief Nitish Kumar, Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Manjhi has said that his party leader to curb corruption in the state during his rule.
Congress will start a "Jan jagran abhiyaan" against the BJP and AAP to "expose" these parties from August 20, the day of Rajiv Gandhi`s birth anniversary.
Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi has conceded that corruption prevailed in state apparently causing discomfiture to the ruling JD(U) and Nitish Kumar in the run-up to bypoll in 10 assembly seats next week.
Senior Congress leader Shankersinh Vaghela on Tuesday accused the BJP-led Gujarat government of indulging in "irregularities to the tune of Rs 6,000 crore in power sector" and using that money to fund the party`s campaigns ahead of this year`s Lok Sabha elections.
Cutting across party lines, Lok Sabha members on Tuesday complained of rampant corruption in implementation of schemes under the Border Areas Development Programme (BADP).
Underlining his government`s resolve to fight graft which has "ruined" the country, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his willingness to take along people from various parties who have been fighting corruption.
Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday said Panchayats are the best tool to curb corruption and ensure transparency.
Smartphones and the popular chat messenger - WhatsApp - in it has now turned into an effective weapon against errant policemen.
The next time a police officer seeks a bribe or harasses you, don`t feel frustrated. Help is at hand, literally in the form of your smartphone equipped with chat application Whatsapp.
With Assembly polls round the corner, BJP president Amit Shah will flag off a party rally which will pass through Haryana with an aim to "expose" Bhupinder Singh Hooda government on several issues including corruption and nepotism in government jobs.
Concerned over skeletons coming out after the arrest of Syndicate Bank CMD SK Jain, a BJP member on Thursday asked the government to direct the CBI to prepare a time-bound action plan to probe corruption in state-run banks.
Sanctions have been given to prosecute 39 IAS, eight IFS and seven IPS officers for corruption in the last three years, parliament was informed Wednesday.
Italian prosecutors have "shelved" proceedings against defence major Finmeccannica, the parent firm of AgustaWestland, saying it had nothing to do with the alleged corruption in India`s Rs 3,600-crore deal to procure 12 VVIP helicopters, Italian news agency Ansa reported.
A large number of autorickshaws in Delhi will go off roads tomorrow against alleged highhandedness of traffic police and transport department.
While the allegations of corruption in judiciary made by ex-Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju continues to raise the political temperature of the country, former prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh on Tuesday broke his silence on the issue and said that he had nothing more to add since his colleague HR Bhardwaj had already spoken on the same.
Turkish authorities on Tuesday arrested 55 senior police officers in a criminal probe over alleged corruption and abuse of office, the latest apparent crackdown on opponents of Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan ahead of presidential polls.
The police chief of China`s Tianjin city is being investigated for corruption, authorities said, the third senior security official in the northern port to be targeted for graft in eight years.
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) spokesperson MJ Akbar on Monday expressed shock over former Supreme Court (SC) judge Justice (retired) Maarkandey Katju`s statement on corruption in the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government led by Manmohan Singh.
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!