Not only alcohol, these factors too increase risk of liver disease!
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: We all know that excessive consumption of alcohol leads to liver cirrhosis. But not many people know that there are also many other factors that causes liver disease besides alcohol.
Here are some factors that could lead to liver disease:
Obese people are at high risk of liver disease as obesity is linked to cirrhosis of liver and liver failure. These people have an excess amount of body fat which tends to accumulate in the liver, causing fatty liver disease.
High salt intake
High salt intake is not good for health as it causes fatty liver disease by building up fluid in the liver and swelling it up.
Though smoking does not have a direct effect on liver function, but the harmful chemicals in cigarette smoke causes irreversible damaging to the liver cells when it increases the oxidative stress of the system after reaching the liver.
Diabetic people are at high risk of liver disease by 50 percent as the content of insulin is high in their blood which leads to abdominal weight gain and causes fatty liver disease.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened