Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
Garlic, considered as the natural wonder drug, has many vital nutrients including vitamins, amino acids, and enzymes.
Often used to add flavor to recipes and dishes, garlic can also be used as a medicine to prevent or treat a wide range of aliments and diseases.
Here are some health benefits of garlic and why it is important to include this natural wonder drug daily in your diet-
- Garlic contains a high amount of antioxidants that destroy free radicals and reduce overall oxidative stress.
- The antioxidants presence in garlic can help your immune system run well.
- Research has shown that consumption of garlic reduced cholesterol by 9 to 12 percent.
- Garlic is also considered to be a miracle herb that helps to lower blood pressure and keep it under control.
- Garlic contains antiseptic and anti-fungal properties and thus helps reduce chances of catching infections.
- Allicin, which is the major biologically active component of garlic, is responsible for destroying the fungi.
- Increased intake of garlic has been linked to a reduced risk of certain cancers.