Know why grapes are good for health!
Zee Media Bureau/Irengbam Jenny
New Delhi: Who doesn't like to eat this tiny juicy fruit? Grapes are a fruit which is loved by all and are also good for health. The fruit contains rich amount of nutrients, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins which are necessary for maintaing overall health.
Here are some health benefits of the juicy fruit:
Lowers cholesterol levels
Grapes help lower cholesterol levels as it contains a compound named pterostilbene in it.
The fruit contains rich amount of micro-nutrients like copper, iron, and manganese which are important in the formation and strength of the bones.
Grapes help in curing and reducing the risk of asthma because of its well known high therapeutic value. It also helps in increasing the level of moisture present in the lungs.
Regular consumption of grapes helps in getting rid of indigestion and irritation of the stomach. The fruit also helps in preventing dyspepsia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad