Zee Media Bureau/Salome Phelamei
You certainly would not like to have bad breath and end up embarrassed while talking to others . But, the fact is that many people have this common problem - chronic halitosis, or bad breath - mostly originating from the gums and tongue.
Also Read: Dental fillings may harm your teeth
Follow these simple tips to make your mouth feel fresh and clean while keeping your teeth and gums healthy at the same time:
- Brush your teeth twice a day to remove plaque and food debris.
- Try to floss at least once a day. Also Read: Avoid bad breath with these five foods
- Make sure that you brush your teeth before going to bed.
- Gently brush your tongue with your toothbrush or use a scraper to get rid of the coating that normally forms on your tongue. Otherwise, it can be a host for smelly bacteria.
- Rinse your mouth daily using a good mouthwash that prevents bad breath.
- Ensure that you rinse your mouth after you eat anything.
- Do not smoke and avoid tobacco products as they can contribute to bad breath.
- Avoid foods that sour your breath such as onions, garlic, especially if you are going to work or see friends.
- Above all, visit your dentist regularly to maintain a good oral hygiene.