Over 60 per cent of the 1.41 crore voters today exercised their franchise in the seventh and last phase of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls in 40 seats, bringing down the curtain on a gruelling two-month-long process.
About 51 per cent votes were polled in Noida Assembly constituency, from where Home Minister Rajnath Singh's son Pankaj Singh is contesting, in the first of the seven-phase Uttar Pradesh polls.
BSP chief Mayawati today appealed to minority and backward communities to vote for her party, warning that BJP will "abolish reservation and inflict atrocities" on them if it comes to power.
Taking a step further to consolidate their alliance, Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will tomorrow release a joint list of ten commitments to the people of Uttar Pradesh.
The Election Commission today ordered the transfer of the Excise Commissioner, two IGs, as many DIGs, four district magistrates and six SPs in poll- bound Uttar Pradesh.
"Should women in the country not get equal rights? SP, BSP and Congress will not speak on (triple talaq) but we do not have any fear. I want to say from this platform that in the coming polls, besides development and eradication of goondas, respect of women should be made a poll issue," Shah said
- Watch: How floods cause complete mayhem in several parts of the country
- 1962 Indo-China war memorial in Gurugram vandalised
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- This is going to be new house of Pranab Mukherjee
- Watch - Volcano like eruption from Bokaro coal mine due to excessive rain
- Egypt: Tank crushes car in attempt to stop bomb blast in North Sinai
- DNA: All you need to know about Ram Nath Kovind, India's 14th President
- NIA prepares 110-page dossier on 48 gang leaders of J&K stone pelters
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- DNA: Today In History, July 25, 2017
- Gujarat floods: Death toll reaches 83; PM announces Rs 500 crore aid
- PM Narendra to undertake aerial survey of flood-hit areas in Gujarat
- DNA: Nonstop News
- Ghatkopar: Death toll in Mumbai building collapse rises to 17
- PM Narendra Modi hails Nitish Kumar for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- Abu Dhabi hospital confirms Eman Ahmed's weight loss, says she's 65 kilos lighter!
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Lizard found in biryani served to passenger travelling in Poorva Express
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka: Yuvraj Singh trolls Shikhar Dhawan for not wearing shoes
- BJP's Keshav Prasad Maurya likely to resign from position of Deputy CM amid rumours of Mayawati contesting from Phulpur
- Nitish Kumar to resign? Bihar CM on way to meet Governor Keshari Nath Tripathi
- Kargil Vijay Diwas: How India evicted Pakistani intruders from the icy heights
- WATCH: Mithali Raj and Co receive rousing reception at Mumbai airport, on return from England
- Indian daughters, Pakistani daughters-in-law always welcome: Sushma Swaraj's lovely tweet wins hearts
- Kevin Pietersen's question to Team India's new head coach Ravi Shastri leaves Twitterati in splits
- Amid Doklam stand-off, Army Vice Chief warns 'China bound to be a future threat to India'
- RBI stops printing of Rs 2000 note; accelerates production of Rs 200 notes – Know how it will affect you
- Taimur pushes mommy Kareena Kapoor Khan – Watch Video to know why he does so
- Team India skipper Mithali Raj to be gifted BMW, confirms V Chamundeswaranath