Over 60 per cent of the 1.41 crore voters today exercised their franchise in the seventh and last phase of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls in 40 seats, bringing down the curtain on a gruelling two-month-long process.
About 51 per cent votes were polled in Noida Assembly constituency, from where Home Minister Rajnath Singh's son Pankaj Singh is contesting, in the first of the seven-phase Uttar Pradesh polls.
BSP chief Mayawati today appealed to minority and backward communities to vote for her party, warning that BJP will "abolish reservation and inflict atrocities" on them if it comes to power.
Taking a step further to consolidate their alliance, Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will tomorrow release a joint list of ten commitments to the people of Uttar Pradesh.
The Election Commission today ordered the transfer of the Excise Commissioner, two IGs, as many DIGs, four district magistrates and six SPs in poll- bound Uttar Pradesh.
"Should women in the country not get equal rights? SP, BSP and Congress will not speak on (triple talaq) but we do not have any fear. I want to say from this platform that in the coming polls, besides development and eradication of goondas, respect of women should be made a poll issue," Shah said
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Why are Muslims considered a minority in J&K despite major population share?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravinder Gaikwad is missing - Watch video
- Why is the decision of closing slaughterhouses being opposed?
- DNA: Till when will politicians play the 'appeasement' card to pacify minorities?
- 30 passengers injured as tourist bus hits divider on Noida Expressway
- PM Narendra Modi's 30th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- CM Yogi Adityanath reaches Gomti riverfront to meet officers and review reformative works
- Meat sellers in UP on indefinite strike after govt's actions against illegal slaughterhouse
- Dhule: Fire kills five members of a family
- Indian taxi driver racially abused, attacked in Australia
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO
- Two orphans from Rajasthan discover Rs 96,000 in demonetised notes at home, urge PM Narendra Modi for help
- Highly religious people, atheists are least fearful of death, say scientists!
- Watch: Bhuvneshwar Kumar sends Steve Smith's off-stump cart-wheeling in Dharamsala
- Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar to compete with Kapil Sharma by teaming up for new show?
- Fed up with Arvind Kejriwal, why AAP MLA Ved Prakash joined BJP calling PM Narendra Modi 'saint'