Over 60 per cent of the 1.41 crore voters today exercised their franchise in the seventh and last phase of the Uttar Pradesh Assembly polls in 40 seats, bringing down the curtain on a gruelling two-month-long process.
About 51 per cent votes were polled in Noida Assembly constituency, from where Home Minister Rajnath Singh's son Pankaj Singh is contesting, in the first of the seven-phase Uttar Pradesh polls.
BSP chief Mayawati today appealed to minority and backward communities to vote for her party, warning that BJP will "abolish reservation and inflict atrocities" on them if it comes to power.
Taking a step further to consolidate their alliance, Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi will tomorrow release a joint list of ten commitments to the people of Uttar Pradesh.
The Election Commission today ordered the transfer of the Excise Commissioner, two IGs, as many DIGs, four district magistrates and six SPs in poll- bound Uttar Pradesh.
"Should women in the country not get equal rights? SP, BSP and Congress will not speak on (triple talaq) but we do not have any fear. I want to say from this platform that in the coming polls, besides development and eradication of goondas, respect of women should be made a poll issue," Shah said
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- US keeps Pakistan on list of countries providing 'safe havens' to terrorists
- This is what Ram Nath Kovind said after winning Presidential Poll - Watch
- Monsoon showers in Delhi-NCR cause waterlogging, traffic jams in many areas
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Ram Nath Kovind wins Presidential Election
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Zee Media launches Zee Salaam for Urdu audience
- J&K: Cloudburst hits Doda district; casualties reported
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Commandos deployed for safety of Kanwar Yatra
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- Lesson to learn! Israel's way of dealing with stone pelters
- DNA: Analysing the article published in China's Global Times about standoff at Dokhlam
- Kangana Ranaut severely injured during 'Manikarnika' shoot, rushed to hospital
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Presidential Election 2017 Results: The states where Meira Kumar got more votes than Ram Nath Kovind
- Ram Nath Kovind vs Meira Kumar: Here is how states voted in Presidential Election 2017
- WATCH: Fuming Harmanpreet Kaur leaves Deepti Sharma in tears after committing to suicidal run against Australia
- WATCH: Skipper Mithali Raj, Veda Krishnamurthy celebrate Harmanpreet Kaur's epic knock in style
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- Doklam Impasse: India should not engage China in ''tit for tat'' response, says Shyam Saran
- Maharashtra horror: Goon butchered in Dhule, CCTV footage goes viral - Watch
- Caught on cam: Goons brutally thrash couple in UP's Maharajgang, circulate video
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- Search for missing Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 uncovers hidden undersea world
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur destroys Australia with rampaging knock in ICC Women's WC semi-final