Eating kiwi improves digestion
Los Angeles: Eating kiwi fruit can help in better digestion, new research says.
According to research, the green kiwi fruit has enzyme actinidin, which is not present in any other fruit. This enzyme can deliver enhanced gastric digestion, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
“Although somewhat already recognised as a natural digestive aid, this research focused on the role of kiwi fruit in the breaking down of food protein that can be particularly hard to digest in comparison to other foods,” Nele Moorthamers, European marketing manager of kiwifruit exporter Zespri, which conducted the research, said in a statement.
“Kiwi fruit is rich in actinidin which breaks down protein quicker and more effectively than digestive enzymes can do alone, making kiwi fruit a perfect choice to overcome digestive issues,” added Moorthamers.
The study promotes the use of kiwi fruit as a part of an individual’s daily diet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Martin Sheen calls his wife 'scariest woman'
- Robert Downey Jr travels with his furniture
- Hundreds say farewell at funeral for blues great BB King
- Kim Kardashian is a great wing woman: Paris Hilton
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' breaks into Rs 100 crore club
- Vidya Balan turns down Suchitra Sen biopic
- Disney pulls plug on 'Tron 3'
- 21 European films to be screened in Kolkata
- Mamata Banerjee remembers Rituparno Ghosh as West Bengal's pride
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- 'Ishqedarriyaan' review: An oft-seen love story
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Masaba Gupta to dedicate fashion line to IIFA
- Let your hair shine in summer
- I'm lucky to have good genes: Eva Longoria
- Kaley Cuoco dyes her hair, eyebrows bright bubblegum pink
- Expert detoxification guide for brides-to-be
- Look cool in denim during summer
- Blake Lively takes to fashion designing
- Kate Winslet feels makeup is 'liberating'
- Shield hair from monsoon humidity
- Eva Longoria wants fitness empire
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- UP: Govt to distribute free sanitary napkins to all girls in school
- Delhi HC turns down plea challenging LG Jung's authority
- DNA: Blow to Kejriwal, Delhi High Court backs LG
- IIT Madras bans Dalit students forum for 'criticising' PM Modi
- DNA: Exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar
- Radioactive nuclear medicine leak detected at Delhi's IGI Airport
- IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani hits back, challenges Rahul Gandhi to a debate
- MHA notification: SC issues notice to Delhi govt
- Protests outside IIT-Madras against ban on students' group
- Railways may hike AC class fares from June 1, 2015
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 29, 2015
- Special: Heart-wrenching tales of elderly people in old age homes
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere
- Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared today soon
- BSEB (biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in): Bihar board 12th Arts result to be declared tomorrow on May 30
- Dangerous levels of toxins in Delhi's air as heat and dust intensify
- Maggi noodles controversy: Case to be filed against Nestle in UP today
- Arrival of Monsoon over Kerala delayed by 2-3 days: Met Department
- US formally removes Cuba from terror blacklist in landmark move
- If Congress was pro-poor, why does poverty still exist in India, asks PM Narendra Modi
- Govt committed to One Rank, One Pension: PM Narendra Modi
- Top 5 places to eat in Delhi University's campuses
- Check biharboard.ac.in / biharboard.bih.nic.in for Bihar School Examination Board BSEB Inter Arts Result 2015