One person was killed in police firing on Monday night after angry protests turned violent in Bengaluru over releasing more Cauvery river water to Tamil Nadu.
An alert has been sounded in Karnataka's north districts over the rising levels in Krishna river and its tributaries following heavy discharge of water from dams and reservoirs in rain-hit Maharashtra, an official said on Wednesday.
Heavy rains will continue in coastal and central parts of Karnataka.
The official website of the Karnataka police department (www.ksp.gov.in) was hacked on Friday, allegedly by Pakistani hackers, who pasted a Pakistani flag on the home page, causing embarrassment to the state government.
Denying reports in a section of media that the victim was also molested, Megharik said the African woman had admitted being only assaulted by a frenzied mob after her three male friends deserted her at Soladevanahalli where the car in which they were travelling was burnt.
The hour-long interaction was part of Rahul's outreach programme to campus students across the country.
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- IIT-Guwahati student develops a mobile app to monitor indoor air quality
- India may not invite Pakistan for BRICS summit
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996 Part II
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Pakistan media praises Sushma Swaraj's speech in UNGA
- DNA: Today in History, 27th September, 2016
- India pulls out of SAARC summit in Islamabad
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Analyzing the reality of stone pelters and separatist in Kashmir Part-II
- Delhi Health Minister Satyandra Jain under income tax scanner
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok
- Big blow to Pakistan as SAARC Summit in Islamabad likely to be cancelled after India, 3 other countries boycott
- Trouble for Subramanian Swamy, Delhi Police obtain sanction to prosecute BJP leader for inflammatory article
- From Srinagar to Bikaner – Indian Air Force flexes its muscles along the western front
- SHAMEFUL! 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans shouted during Congress rally organised for Uri martyrs? WATCH
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Pakistani father teaches little girl how to fire AK47, makes her threaten PM Narendra Modi; video crashes internet - WATCH
- India vs New Zealand: Gautam Gambhir to replace injured Lokesh Rahul for 2nd Test at Eden Gardens?
- SHOCKING! Tannishtha Chatterjee walks out of 'Comedy Nights Bachao' over racist jokes
- Must watch video! This is how young Indian envoy silenced Pakistan at the United Nations
- 'Pakistan can’t take Narendra Modi’s restraint for granted for long'