15-year-old girl ends life after harassment by teacher in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar: A teenaged girl committed suicide after being allegedly harassed by her school teacher here, police said on Sunday.
The 15-year-old girl, studying in class ninth at Zila Parishad High School at Perkapalli village here, was disturbed after her Hindi teacher - Laxmanaswamy - allegedly passed comments on her looks following which she killed herself at her home in Gollagudem village near here on Friday, Saidapur police sub-inspector Ramakrishna said.
Based on a complaint filed by her parents yesterday, police registered a case of abetment to suicide against the teacher.
However, talking to media, Laxmanaswamy denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred