15-year-old girl ends life after harassment by teacher in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar: A teenaged girl committed suicide after being allegedly harassed by her school teacher here, police said on Sunday.
The 15-year-old girl, studying in class ninth at Zila Parishad High School at Perkapalli village here, was disturbed after her Hindi teacher - Laxmanaswamy - allegedly passed comments on her looks following which she killed herself at her home in Gollagudem village near here on Friday, Saidapur police sub-inspector Ramakrishna said.
Based on a complaint filed by her parents yesterday, police registered a case of abetment to suicide against the teacher.
However, talking to media, Laxmanaswamy denied the allegations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living