15-year-old girl ends life after harassment by teacher in Andhra Pradesh
Karimnagar: A teenaged girl committed suicide after being allegedly harassed by her school teacher here, police said on Sunday.
The 15-year-old girl, studying in class ninth at Zila Parishad High School at Perkapalli village here, was disturbed after her Hindi teacher - Laxmanaswamy - allegedly passed comments on her looks following which she killed herself at her home in Gollagudem village near here on Friday, Saidapur police sub-inspector Ramakrishna said.
Based on a complaint filed by her parents yesterday, police registered a case of abetment to suicide against the teacher.
However, talking to media, Laxmanaswamy denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday