162 diamonds found in Tirupati hundi
Tirupati: World’s richest temple became richer after an unidentified devotee made an offering of 162 diamonds to Lord Venkateshwara.
The diamonds, methodically packed in a velvet bag, were found in a ‘hundi’ (donation box) in the temple.
As per reports, the diamonds are worth a little over Rs one crore. Interestingly, certificate of genuineness was also found along with the diamonds.
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is widely recognised as the richest temple body in the world with annual earnings being to the tune of Rs 700 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No more Railway Budget! Niti Aayog panel terms it as 'failed' exercise
- Ileana D'Cruz raises the mercury by donning a scorching monokini! – Pic inside
- One worker killed in explosion at pharma unit in Visakhapatnam
- Kapil Sharma meets fan battling cancer - The comedian's gesture will win your heart
- Rio Games: Russia faces ban from Olympic weightlifting over doping offences