162 diamonds found in Tirupati hundi
Tirupati: World’s richest temple became richer after an unidentified devotee made an offering of 162 diamonds to Lord Venkateshwara.
The diamonds, methodically packed in a velvet bag, were found in a ‘hundi’ (donation box) in the temple.
As per reports, the diamonds are worth a little over Rs one crore. Interestingly, certificate of genuineness was also found along with the diamonds.
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is widely recognised as the richest temple body in the world with annual earnings being to the tune of Rs 700 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video