162 diamonds found in Tirupati hundi
Tirupati: World’s richest temple became richer after an unidentified devotee made an offering of 162 diamonds to Lord Venkateshwara.
The diamonds, methodically packed in a velvet bag, were found in a ‘hundi’ (donation box) in the temple.
As per reports, the diamonds are worth a little over Rs one crore. Interestingly, certificate of genuineness was also found along with the diamonds.
The Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams (TTD) is widely recognised as the richest temple body in the world with annual earnings being to the tune of Rs 700 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- No confirmation on meeting with Manohar Parrikar on OROP: Ex-servicemen
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends