Abducted infant rescued in Andhra, one held
Hyderabad: Police has claimed to solve the abduction case of an eight-month-old girl on Wednesday with the arrest of a man and the baby being rescued from him.
Accused R Bharat, family friend of parents of baby Sranghvi, who was apparently under depression over not having his own children, had allegedly kidnapped the child on April 6, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma said.
Two motorcycle-borne persons had snatched the baby from her mother T Sujana on the night of April 6 at Sivam road here while she was walking towards her house from a hospital, police had said.
"Our sustained investigation has paid off. We have been able to recover Sranghvi from the house of Bharat in Secunderabad and the baby girl has been handed over to her parents. We are happy that the baby was safely rescued from the custody of the accused and she is doing fine," Sharma said.
Preliminary interrogation of the accused revealed that Bharat`s wife had divorced him as the couple had no children, Sharma said, adding that the exact motive for the kidnapping and other aspects were being examined.
Meanwhile, state BJP unit president G Kishen Reddy, who is MLA from Amberpet in Hyderabad, called on the parents of the baby at their residence this morning and offered his help.
The baby lives with her parents in the Amberpet locality, BJP said in a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand