Abducted infant rescued in Andhra, one held
Hyderabad: Police has claimed to solve the abduction case of an eight-month-old girl on Wednesday with the arrest of a man and the baby being rescued from him.
Accused R Bharat, family friend of parents of baby Sranghvi, who was apparently under depression over not having his own children, had allegedly kidnapped the child on April 6, Hyderabad Police Commissioner Anurag Sharma said.
Two motorcycle-borne persons had snatched the baby from her mother T Sujana on the night of April 6 at Sivam road here while she was walking towards her house from a hospital, police had said.
"Our sustained investigation has paid off. We have been able to recover Sranghvi from the house of Bharat in Secunderabad and the baby girl has been handed over to her parents. We are happy that the baby was safely rescued from the custody of the accused and she is doing fine," Sharma said.
Preliminary interrogation of the accused revealed that Bharat`s wife had divorced him as the couple had no children, Sharma said, adding that the exact motive for the kidnapping and other aspects were being examined.
Meanwhile, state BJP unit president G Kishen Reddy, who is MLA from Amberpet in Hyderabad, called on the parents of the baby at their residence this morning and offered his help.
The baby lives with her parents in the Amberpet locality, BJP said in a release.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali