Ajmer blast: Fresh production warrant issued against Aseemanand
Ajmer: A local court on Tuesday issued a fresh production warrant against Swami Aseemanand direting the Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad (ATS) to produce him before it on Januay 18 in connection with an Ajmer Dargah blast case.
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ratan Lal Moond had on December 22 directed the ATS to produce him on Tuesday but
Additional SP ATS Satyendra Ranavat informed the court that
Aseemanand had been remanded in custody of National
Intelligence Agency (NIA) for 10 days by a Hyderabad court in
connection with the 2007 Samjhauta Express train blasts.
Assemanand, 59, who is a member of right-wing Hindu
group Abhinav Bharat, is also an accused in the 2007 Ajmer
dargah blast and the bomb attack on Mecca Masjid in Hyderabad
the same year.
Following a plea by ATS, the fresh production warrant
was today issued against Swami Aseemanand alias Naba Kumar
Sarkar who was arrested by the CBI on November 19 from
Haridwar in connection with the blast at the Mecca Masjid.
The court also extended by 15 days the judicial remand
of two other accused in the Ajmer dargah blast case -- Mukesh
Vasani and Harshad Solanki.
While Vasani was produced in the court amid tight
security, Harshad is in the custody of Devas (MP) Police.
In another case related to Ajmer dargah blast,
District and Session Judge Prashant Kumar Agarwal fixed
January 28 for a hearing on the charge sheet against three
accused Chander Shekhar, Devendra Gupta, and Lokesh.
The ATS produced Gupta and Chander Shekhar in the
Three persons were killed in the 2007 Ajmer blast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA