Andhra college employee murders girl student
Hyderabad: In a gruesome incident, an office boy of a college murdered a girl student and buried her in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district after she rejected his advances, police said Saturday.
The murder came to light after six days of the incident when police dug the ground earlier in the day in the college premises at Ponnekal to find the decomposed body of Sarika, 20, a student of B.Ed. final year.
The girl had gone missing six days ago. Following interrogation, Annie Besant College of Education`s employee Raju confessed that he had killed her and buried her body.
He told police that he committed the crime as she had refused to have an affair with him.
The incident shocked Sarika`s parents, who were busy in making arrangements for her marriage.
Angry students attacked the college and damaged the furniture. Carrying the girl`s body, they staged a sit-in outside the office of Khammam district collector, demanding severe punishment to the guilty.
The activists of women and student groups also staged a protest, demanding capital punishment for the killer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued