Andhra college employee murders girl student
Hyderabad: In a gruesome incident, an office boy of a college murdered a girl student and buried her in Andhra Pradesh`s Khammam district after she rejected his advances, police said Saturday.
The murder came to light after six days of the incident when police dug the ground earlier in the day in the college premises at Ponnekal to find the decomposed body of Sarika, 20, a student of B.Ed. final year.
The girl had gone missing six days ago. Following interrogation, Annie Besant College of Education`s employee Raju confessed that he had killed her and buried her body.
He told police that he committed the crime as she had refused to have an affair with him.
The incident shocked Sarika`s parents, who were busy in making arrangements for her marriage.
Angry students attacked the college and damaged the furniture. Carrying the girl`s body, they staged a sit-in outside the office of Khammam district collector, demanding severe punishment to the guilty.
The activists of women and student groups also staged a protest, demanding capital punishment for the killer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price