Andhra DGP V Dinesh Reddy retires
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Director General of Police (DGP) V Dinesh Reddy, against whom a CBI probe is pending on charges of acquiring disproportionate assets, on Monday retired from service.
Reddy, who was accorded a ceremonial farewell on superannuation, took the salute at the Parade Grounds at Central Police Lines in Amberpet here.
Andhra Pradesh High Court had yesterday rejected Reddy`s house motion plea seeking extension of his term for one more year (till the end of September 2014), against the decision of Central Administrative Tribunal (CAT) which had refused to grant him interim relief to continue him as the head of state police force till the end of September 2014.
A division bench of Justice Ashutosh Mohanta and Justice D Seshadri Naidu dismissed Reddy`s plea.
Reddy had last week moved the house motion in the AP High Court against the decision of CAT which had declined to grant him interim relief after he had challenged the state government`s decision about not extending his services in the wake of a CBI inquiry pending against him for allegedly amassing disproportionate assets.
It is learnt that ACB Director General B Prasada Rao is the front runner to replace Reddy as the new DGP.
Earlier, addressing the police personnel, Reddy said strength of police force has crossed the one lakh mark and reached 1,29,578.
`Dial 100`-- a centralised system on the lines of an emergency response agency like `911` in the US was launched as part of people friendly steps that also included sub-controls for assistance to public, he said.
"The challenge of ongoing agitations (over bifurcation of state) is met with restrain but in a highly effective manner," Reddy said, adding the state police also achieved great success on the anti-naxal front within and outside AP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM