Andhra youth kills girlfriend, attempts suicide
Hyderabad: A young man murdered his girlfriend Friday by slitting her throat in full public view and later attempted to kill himself by the same dagger, police said.
The incident took place in Khammam town.
The woman, identified as Srilata, died while being shifted to a hospital while her lover identified as Srinivas is stated to be critical in a hospital.
The youngsters, both aged around 20, were in love but differences developed between them after the girl`s family objected to the affair.
According to eye-witnesses, Srinivas had a heated argument with Srilata before he attacked her. As the girl was lying in a pool of blood, he attempted to kill himself and was seen crawling towards her and hugging her.
Last month, Khammam town was rocked by the murder of a student by an office-boy of a private college because she had turned down his marriage proposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town