Andhra youth kills girlfriend, attempts suicide
Hyderabad: A young man murdered his girlfriend Friday by slitting her throat in full public view and later attempted to kill himself by the same dagger, police said.
The incident took place in Khammam town.
The woman, identified as Srilata, died while being shifted to a hospital while her lover identified as Srinivas is stated to be critical in a hospital.
The youngsters, both aged around 20, were in love but differences developed between them after the girl`s family objected to the affair.
According to eye-witnesses, Srinivas had a heated argument with Srilata before he attacked her. As the girl was lying in a pool of blood, he attempted to kill himself and was seen crawling towards her and hugging her.
Last month, Khammam town was rocked by the murder of a student by an office-boy of a private college because she had turned down his marriage proposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir