Andhra youth kills girlfriend, attempts suicide
Hyderabad: A young man murdered his girlfriend Friday by slitting her throat in full public view and later attempted to kill himself by the same dagger, police said.
The incident took place in Khammam town.
The woman, identified as Srilata, died while being shifted to a hospital while her lover identified as Srinivas is stated to be critical in a hospital.
The youngsters, both aged around 20, were in love but differences developed between them after the girl`s family objected to the affair.
According to eye-witnesses, Srinivas had a heated argument with Srilata before he attacked her. As the girl was lying in a pool of blood, he attempted to kill himself and was seen crawling towards her and hugging her.
Last month, Khammam town was rocked by the murder of a student by an office-boy of a private college because she had turned down his marriage proposal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman