AP BJP to stage hunger strike in Delhi over Telangana
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh unit of BJP will stage a three-day `Telangana Poru Deeksha`, an agitation which would include a hunger-strike, in the national capital from September 3 to increase the pressure on the Centre for formation of separate Telangana state.
State BJP chief Kishan Reddy, who will lead the hunger-strike near the Parliament, told reporters here that this protest would mark "the last and decisive phase" of Telangana agitation.
Accusing the ruling Congress of "cheating" the people of the region, Reddy said BJP had never changed its stand on Telangana (in favour of separate statehood).
"Over 850 youths and students have committed suicide for the cause of Telangana," Reddy claimed.
Senior BJP leader and Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj will inaugurate the protest in Delhi, he said, adding that a protest march will be taken out on the next day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh