AP CM likely to attend state Cong coordination committee meet
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy is likely to visit New Delhi on November 8 to take part in the State Congress co-ordination Committee meeting.
AICC general secretary, in charge of AP affairs, Digvijay Singh reportedly invited the Chief Minister for the meeting, though there is no official confirmation.
Pradesh Congress Committee president Botsa Satyanarayana, however, feigned ignorance about the meeting.
"If there is a meeting, as a member I too should have been invited. But I am not told about any such meeting," Botsa told reporters here this afternoon.
This will be the first meeting of the co-ordination committee, in which Deputy Chief Minister Damodara Rajanarasimha and Union Tourism Minister K Chiranjeevi are also members, after it has been reconstituted with Digvijay as the head.
The meeting assumes significance as it is being held at a time when the Congress leaders from Seemaandhra and Telangana regions are at loggerheads over the state bifurcation issue.
The Chief Minister has also openly found fault with the Central Working Committee`s decision to divide the state.
Reddy is also likely to meet Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on November 9 to seek Central assistance for reconstruction works in Phailin and subsequent flood-hit districts of the state, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre