AP Congress leader Sarojini Reddy passes away
Hyderabad: Senior Congress leader and former Andhra Pradesh minister Sarojini Pulla Reddy passed away here on Sunday.
Reddy, who was also a member of the Congress Working Committee (CWC), had been unwell for sometime and breathed her last this morning at her residence here at the age of 85, Congress sources said.
She had served as a state minister, holding different portfolios.
The last rites, attended by her family members and several
Congress leaders, were performed this evening.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy and other senior leaders have condoled her death.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued