‘AP govt ready for re-investigation into YSR chopper crash’
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said that his government is ready to order fresh investigation into the helicopter crash, in which the then Chief Minister YS Rajasekahara Reddy was killed on September 2, 2009, even as he accused the YSR family of trying to create a controversy over the accident only to gain political mileage ahead of the by-elections in the state.
Addressing a media conference along with a group of ministers here this afternoon, the Chief Minister said a fresh enquiry would be ordered into the chopper crash if the YSR family submitted a petition listing its doubts over the incident.
The government would also publicise the contents of the ill-fated helicopter`s cockpit voice recorder as they were "not confidential."
"The CBI and other experts have already conducted detailed investigation into the crash and submitted their reports. It was an accident in which we lost our leader who was Chief Minister. If his family still has any doubts, let them come with a petition and we will be ready for a re-investigation," Kiran Kumar said, in reply to a question.
The Chief Minister criticised YSR`s widow Vijaya for seeking to "create a controversy" over the helicopter crash only to gain political mileage ahead of the by-elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam