‘AP govt ready for re-investigation into YSR chopper crash’
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said that his government is ready to order fresh investigation into the helicopter crash, in which the then Chief Minister YS Rajasekahara Reddy was killed on September 2, 2009, even as he accused the YSR family of trying to create a controversy over the accident only to gain political mileage ahead of the by-elections in the state.
Addressing a media conference along with a group of ministers here this afternoon, the Chief Minister said a fresh enquiry would be ordered into the chopper crash if the YSR family submitted a petition listing its doubts over the incident.
The government would also publicise the contents of the ill-fated helicopter`s cockpit voice recorder as they were "not confidential."
"The CBI and other experts have already conducted detailed investigation into the crash and submitted their reports. It was an accident in which we lost our leader who was Chief Minister. If his family still has any doubts, let them come with a petition and we will be ready for a re-investigation," Kiran Kumar said, in reply to a question.
The Chief Minister criticised YSR`s widow Vijaya for seeking to "create a controversy" over the helicopter crash only to gain political mileage ahead of the by-elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list