‘AP govt ready for re-investigation into YSR chopper crash’
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Monday said that his government is ready to order fresh investigation into the helicopter crash, in which the then Chief Minister YS Rajasekahara Reddy was killed on September 2, 2009, even as he accused the YSR family of trying to create a controversy over the accident only to gain political mileage ahead of the by-elections in the state.
Addressing a media conference along with a group of ministers here this afternoon, the Chief Minister said a fresh enquiry would be ordered into the chopper crash if the YSR family submitted a petition listing its doubts over the incident.
The government would also publicise the contents of the ill-fated helicopter`s cockpit voice recorder as they were "not confidential."
"The CBI and other experts have already conducted detailed investigation into the crash and submitted their reports. It was an accident in which we lost our leader who was Chief Minister. If his family still has any doubts, let them come with a petition and we will be ready for a re-investigation," Kiran Kumar said, in reply to a question.
The Chief Minister criticised YSR`s widow Vijaya for seeking to "create a controversy" over the helicopter crash only to gain political mileage ahead of the by-elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview