AP ministers from Seemandhra may resign en masse
Hyderabad: Ministers from coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema regions, including Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, of Andhra Pradesh are likely to resign from their posts en masse as soon as the ongoing debate on the draft AP Reorganisation Bill-2013 concludes.
State Social Welfare Minister Pitani Satyanarayana told this to reporters here this evening. "We are not going to hang on to our posts. As soon as the debate (on the draft Bill) concludes, we are ready to quit our posts in Legislature any moment. We will become `former`," the minister said.
The Chief Minister is also likely to step down from the post, Pitani, who is considered close to Kiran, pointed out.
He said that people of Seemandhra region were seeking a new political party. "People want a new political party to take birth for the sake of a united AP. But so far, we have no thought of floating a new party," the minister said in reply to a question.
The minister said they would seek another 60 days time from the President of India to return the draft Bill after a debate in the Legislature.
The President gave time till January 23 to the Legislature to discuss and return the draft Bill.
Pitani`s comments assume significance as he is one of the very few ministers in the inner circle of the Chief Minister.
Already, there has been a lot of speculation that the Chief Minister - who has been totally opposing the bifurcation of the state - was preparing ground to launch his own political party on the united AP platform.
A widespread campaign is also underway in Seemandhra districts now, albeit without any names, about the new party.
Interestingly, the Chief Minister`s statement that "United AP is not our slogan...It`s our policy," is predominant on the campaign material being used in Seemandhra now.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?