AP ministers rally behind arrested excise minister
Hyderabad: Ministers in Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy`s cabinet on Thursday rallied behind their beleaguered colleague Mopidevi Venkata Ramana and termed his arrest by CBI in the disproportionate assets case as "sad".
"It is sad that our colleague Mopidevi has been arrested today. But we believe he has committed no wrong and so will come out (of the case) clean," a handful of ministers, led by PCC president and Transport Minister Botsa Satyanarayana, said tonight after their meeting with the Chief Minister.
The ministers discussed the arrest issue and the fallout of it with the Chief Minister.
It is learnt that the ministers told Kiran that the issue would have an adverse impact on the Congress party as well as the government.
"It is Jagan who benefited from whatever dubious deals that happened but some ministers are facing the music now," the ministers reportedly told the CM.
The Chief Minister too is said to have termed Mopidevi`s arrest as unfortunate.
Botsa later told newsmen that he would report the factual position to the Congress high command.
"As ministers, we are responsible for the decisions taken by the Cabinet. But we can`t be held responsible for things that happen behind the scenes," he maintained.
Meanwhile, Home Minister P Sabita Indra Reddy, Major Industries Minister J Geeta Reddy and Information Technology Minister Ponnala Lakshmaiah had a separate interaction with the Chief Minister.
These three ministers are also under the CBI scanner in connection with different corruption cases. While Sabita was already questioned by the CBI twice, the others too may be quizzed in the next few days. There is also speculation that these ministers too may face arrest like Mopidevi and thus their meeting with the Chief Minister assumed significance.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?