BJP getting ready for stormy Parl session: Ananth
Nizamabad: BJP is getting ready for a
"tumultuous" winter session of Parliament with government
having no answers to corruption charges, says Ananth Kumar,
the chief organiser of LK Advani`s rath yatra.
"They(Government) are in the dock. The winter session of
Parliament will be tumultuous. They have no answers. They want
to amend RTI. They cast aspersion on CAG. They are not
cooperating with PAC. They are perturbed about Supreme Court
monitoring their activities," Kumar said.
Congress was keeping silent about Advani`s `Jan
chetna Yatra` against corruption as there were no scams during
the NDA rule, he said.
"When you are embarking on such a huge campaign against
corruption, will they keep quiet. All the government records
are in their care. If they are silent it means there is
nothing," he said.
Referring to the 2G spectrum allocation scam, he said the
Congress and the government find themselves on the back foot
with no answers to corruption charges.
Kumar said that Advani`s yatra was planned with the
winter session in mind.
"The most important factor was the timing because Monsoon
session concluded on September 8. And usually the winter
session starts in the third week or last week of November as
it has to conclude before Christmas. We went through the
calendar and speculated that it may start from November 21
which is a Monday. We had to set the yatra during this
period," he said.
The former union minister said that his team had 42 days
but during this period "We also had to take into consideration
two days for Diwali celebrations and his (Advani`s) birthday
on November eight which left only 38 days for the yatra.
"You can`t go all around the country in a space of 38
days by road only. You can`t go to Guwahati, Itanagar and come
back. You can`t at all go to Port Blair."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price