BJP seeks AP CM`s dismissal over prohibitory orders violation
Hyderabad: BJP Andhra Pradesh unit on Monday urged state Governor E S L Narasimhan to dismiss Chief Minister K Rosaiah and some of his cabinet colleagues for
deliberate violation of prohibitory orders by addressing a `dharna` here recently.
In a memorandum submitted to the Governor, the BJP said, "Rosaiah not only participated in the `dharna` at Basheerbagh locality here, he also addressed it where prohibitory orders were in force."
The dharna was organised by Congress workers and leaders on Friday to protest the derogatory remarks of former RSS chief Sudarshan against party president Sonia Gandhi.
The party said the dharna was held in an area declared as the `Red Zone` in the police parlance since the area is within 1 km radius from the State Assembly where any kind of dharna or procession was prohibited under Section 144 of CRPC.
There have been instances in the past when different organisations and political parties tried to hold dharnas in the prohibited area, but in all such cases, people concerned irrespective of their social, political and administrative status were arrested by police,BJP said.
In the memorandum, the party alleged that police failed to act to prevent or disrupt the staging of dharna in the prohibited area.
The BJP urged the Governor to call for a report from the state DGP K Aravinda Rao over the episode and order initiation of disciplinary action against officials who ignored rules.
The Chief Minister being the head of the government failed his constitutional responsibility by wilfully violating the regulation of his own government which constitutes a criminal offence and warrants action, the party said.
A 6 member delegation led by state BJP Chief and MLA G Kishan Reddy met the government and submitted the memorandum. Former Union Minister Bandaru Dattatreya, national secretary Dr K Laxman and State Party General Secretary N Ramachander Rao were among the delegation members.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India