Cache of gelatin sticks seized in Hyderabad; one hurt in explosion
Hyderabad: One person was injured in a minor explosion of gelatin sticks at Raidurgam area here even as police seized a huge cache of explosive material stored illegally inside a makeshift office at a construction site in the locality on Friday.
The seizure comprised as many as 3,700 gelatin sticks meant for blasting jobs at construction sites, they said.
The injured has been identified only as Yadagiri, police said.
He was injured while burning some waste material that apparently consisted of some gelatin sticks, they said.
Police said nobody had been arrested yet but a construction contractor who had taken up work nearby was suspected to have illegally procured them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city