Cache of gelatin sticks seized in Hyderabad; one hurt in explosion
Hyderabad: One person was injured in a minor explosion of gelatin sticks at Raidurgam area here even as police seized a huge cache of explosive material stored illegally inside a makeshift office at a construction site in the locality on Friday.
The seizure comprised as many as 3,700 gelatin sticks meant for blasting jobs at construction sites, they said.
The injured has been identified only as Yadagiri, police said.
He was injured while burning some waste material that apparently consisted of some gelatin sticks, they said.
Police said nobody had been arrested yet but a construction contractor who had taken up work nearby was suspected to have illegally procured them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- One killed in PKK car bomb in Turkey's southeast
- Morocco arrests 10 suspected Islamist militants, including Algerian
- India’s bid for NSG membership blocked as member countries fail to arrive at a consensus
- 'Raped woman' remark: Finally, Salman Khan speaks to media - Here's what he said
- 'Unguided missile Subramanian Swamy has backfired at BJP'