Cache of gelatin sticks seized in Hyderabad; one hurt in explosion
Hyderabad: One person was injured in a minor explosion of gelatin sticks at Raidurgam area here even as police seized a huge cache of explosive material stored illegally inside a makeshift office at a construction site in the locality on Friday.
The seizure comprised as many as 3,700 gelatin sticks meant for blasting jobs at construction sites, they said.
The injured has been identified only as Yadagiri, police said.
He was injured while burning some waste material that apparently consisted of some gelatin sticks, they said.
Police said nobody had been arrested yet but a construction contractor who had taken up work nearby was suspected to have illegally procured them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months