Cash-for-bail case: History-sheeter held in Hyd
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Monday arrested a history-sheeter from Nacharam locality here in connection with the cash-for-bail case, involving suspended CBI judge Pattabhirama Rao.
Yadagiri alias Yadagiri Rao, one of the middlemen, who allegedly facilitated broking a deal worth Rs 10 crore for granting bail to former Karnataka Minister Gali Janardhan Reddy in Obulapuram Mining Company (OMC) case, an ACB official said.
ACB sleuths also raided the house of Yadagiri and seized cash worth Rs 3.75 crore, which was taken from Gali Somashekar Reddy, brother of Gali Janardhan Reddy and another person Dashratha Ram Reddy, the official said.
Former Additional special judge for CBI cases T Pattabhirama Rao had granted bail to Gali Janardhan Reddy following a deal last month. However, Rao was later suspended and arrested by the ACB.
Yadagiri is the fourth person arrested by the ACB in the cash-for-bail case. Besides Pattabhirama Rao, a retired judge T V Chalapathi Rao and Talluri Ravi Chandra (son of Pattabhirama Rao) had been arrested and are under judicial remand.
Yadagiri confessed that an amount of Rs 9.5 crore was paid to him towards an advance for the bail of Gali Janardhan Reddy. Out of this amount, he said Rs 3 crore was given to retired judge Chalapathi Rao on May 11 as per the deal.
Yadagiri further confessed that he had purchased a Maruti Swift car here by paying Rs 8.10 lakh and made a payment of about Rs 40 lakh for a plot adjacent to his house and purchased a house for Rs 20 lakh at Nacharam, the ACB official said.
Yadagiri will be produced before the principal special judge for ACB cases here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?