Catastrophe if Govt retracts on Telangana:KCR
Hyderabad: TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao
today said he is ready to wait for the formation of a separate
Telangana to happen in the normal course but warned of a
"catastrophe" if the Centre goes back on its announcement on
the statehood issue.
"There is no question of waiting or beating. When
Chattisgarh and Jharkhand were formed, the same process will
happen here. It is an administrative process that remains to
be completed," Rao told reporters here.
Observing that the Centre cannot go back on the
announcement it has made, Rao said a resolution by the state
assembly is not at all required for the formation of the new
"The Government of India has taken a step towards the
formation of Telangana. It was expected that there will be a
bit of reaction from Andhra region, prompted by some vested
interests. Congress party at the national level needs some
breathing time for the dust to settle down. After that, we
cannot even imagine that they will go back on their promise,”
Putting the onus of formation of the separate Telangana
on Congress president Sonia Gandhi, he expressed confidence
that she would stick to her word.
"I am in touch with Prime Minister and Madam Gandhi. I am
particularly thankful to her. Once she takes a decision, I
know how she implements it. I was her colleague in the
previous UPA government. Nobody can change the decision of the
Government of India," he said.
He, however, warned of a "catastrophe" if Telangana state
is not formed as announced. "If anything happens to Telangana,
nobody can stop the catastrophe that will follow."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- It was Lalu who pulled and hugged me, will continue to fight corruption, clarifies Arvind Kejriwal