CBI files another chargesheet in YS Jaganmohan Reddy case
Hyderabad: The CBI which is probing the quid pro quo investment case against YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy filed one more supplementary chargesheet on Monday.
It is a supplementary chargesheet to the first chargesheet filed by the CBI in April 2012, having additional evidence (statements of witnesses) to make V Vijay Sai Reddy, an accused in the case and also an auditor of the Kadapa MP, over his role in the transactions, CBI sources said.
Jaganmohan Reddy, his auditor Vijay Sai Reddy and Jagati Publications (owned by the YSR Congress leader) are the accused, charged under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code in the second chargesheet.
According to the second chargesheet, several investors were lured into making investments in Jagati Publications at high premiums allegedly through "exaggerated and falsified" valuation reports, allegedly at the behest of Vijay Sai Reddy.
So far, the CBI has filed five chargesheets since March 31, 2012 and two supplementary chargesheets against Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused, naming three AP ministers in connection with the case relating to alleged quid pro quo investments in the Kadapa MP`s companies.
The CBI has alleged that Jagan, along with his father, the former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and Vijay Sai Reddy, hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government along with other accused.
Meanwhile, the court extended the remand of Jagan, Vijay Sai Reddy, former minister Mopidevi Venkatramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and other accused till July 1.
Former AP minister Dharmana Prasada Rao also appeared before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you