CBI files another chargesheet in YS Jaganmohan Reddy case
Hyderabad: The CBI which is probing the quid pro quo investment case against YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy filed one more supplementary chargesheet on Monday.
It is a supplementary chargesheet to the first chargesheet filed by the CBI in April 2012, having additional evidence (statements of witnesses) to make V Vijay Sai Reddy, an accused in the case and also an auditor of the Kadapa MP, over his role in the transactions, CBI sources said.
Jaganmohan Reddy, his auditor Vijay Sai Reddy and Jagati Publications (owned by the YSR Congress leader) are the accused, charged under relevant sections of the Indian Penal Code in the second chargesheet.
According to the second chargesheet, several investors were lured into making investments in Jagati Publications at high premiums allegedly through "exaggerated and falsified" valuation reports, allegedly at the behest of Vijay Sai Reddy.
So far, the CBI has filed five chargesheets since March 31, 2012 and two supplementary chargesheets against Jaganmohan Reddy and other accused, naming three AP ministers in connection with the case relating to alleged quid pro quo investments in the Kadapa MP`s companies.
The CBI has alleged that Jagan, along with his father, the former Andhra Pradesh chief minister, the late Y S Rajasekhara Reddy and Vijay Sai Reddy, hatched a conspiracy to defraud the government along with other accused.
Meanwhile, the court extended the remand of Jagan, Vijay Sai Reddy, former minister Mopidevi Venkatramana Rao, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and other accused till July 1.
Former AP minister Dharmana Prasada Rao also appeared before the court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly