CBI gets sanction to prosecute IAS officer G Venkat Ram Reddy
Hyderabad: CBI on Friday informed a local court that it had got sanction from the government to prosecute IAS officer G Venkat Ram Reddy in the quid-pro-quo investments case, involving YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
CBI`s chargesheet names Jagan, his financial adviser V Vijay Sai Reddy, Jagati Publications, Ramky Group chairman A Ayodhya Rami Reddy, Venkat Ram Reddy and Ramky Pharma City (India) Limited (RPCIL).
The court had earlier rejected CBI`s proposal to book Venkat Ram Reddy under the Prevention of Corruption Act as the central agency had not got the sanction of the government.
The court had allowed CBI to prosecute him under the Indian Penal Code, mainly under section 409 (criminal breach of trust).
However, the agency today filed a memo before the special CBI court, which said the sanction has been now obtained.
As the vice-chairman of Visakhapatnam Urban Development Authority in 2005, Venkat Ram Reddy allegedly approved the layout plan of Ramky Pharma for a special economic zone at Visakhapatnam by circumventing the guidelines of the master plan, the chargesheet says.
Jagan`s father and the late Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy allegedly prevailed upon Venkat Ram Reddy to approve the layout, it says.
As a quid-pro-quo, Ayodhya Rami Reddy allegedly made investment of Rs 10 crore in Jagati Publications (owned by Jagan) through two companies ? TWC and ERES -- which were controlled by his own men, it says.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway