Centre to take "decision" on Telangana: AP CM
New Delhi: Amid demands for an early decision
on the Telangana statehood issue, Andhra Pradesh Chief
Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy on Thursday said consultations with
Congress leaders from the region were on and hoped the Centre
would taken an "appropriate decision".
Reddy parried questions on Congress lawmakers from the
Telangana region giving an ultimatum to the party over the
demand for a separate state, saying it was not proper for him
to comment on "regional issues."
"The Centre will take an appropriate decision on this
issue at the appropriate time. Negotiations and consultations
with party leaders from the region are continuing," he told a
press conference here, replying to a volley of questions on
the contentious issue.
Interestingly, the Chief Minister was flanked by party MPs
from Telangana region including V Hanumantha Rao and K
Reddy`s comments came on the eve of a crucial meeting of
party ministers, MPs and MLAs in Hyderabad to chalk out their
plan to exert pressure on the Centre on the statehood demand.
The Chief Minister also met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh,
Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and Defence Minister
A K Antony during the day.
To a specific question, Reddy reiterated his resolve to
get "as many MPs" he could get from Andhra Pradesh so that his
dream of seeing Rahul as Prime Minister is fulfilled.
"It is not a new thing. I had earlier said we will try to
get as many MPs as possible from the state so that Rahul
Gandhi becomes Prime Minister in the future," he said.
Reddy said this was the dream of late Chief Minister Y S
Rajasekhara Reddy too.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- Bihar polls: Wave in favour of BJP, will form next government, says Mulayam Singh Yadav