Chandrababu Naidu`s condition stable
Hyderabad: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu, undergoing treatment for jaundice at a private hospital here, is recovering.
Chandrababu, who undertook an indefinite hunger-strike for six days in New Delhi last week demanding justice be done to all regions of Andhra Pradesh in the event of the state bifurcation, was admitted to a private hospital upon his return to Hyderabad on Sunday night and was diagnosed with jaundice.
Doctors at the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology here conducted tests on Chandrababu`s liver on Tuesday.
Senior TDP leader Garikapati Mohan Rao said a decision on when Chandrababu should be discharged from hospital would be taken based on the doctors` report.
The ailing leader`s condition is, however, stable, party leaders said.
"Thanks for all the wishes and blessings. I am recovering to fight for my people again," Chandrababu said in a tweet this evening.
Senior leaders of the party, including Rajya Sabha member T Devender Goud, called on the TDP chief in the hospital today while an all-religious prayer was held for his speedy recovery.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP win big with 81 seats, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis Maharashtra thanks Maharashtra voters, PM Modi
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP wins big, grabs 81 BMC seats; Fadnavis credits PM Narendra Modi
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway