Chandrababu undergoes treatment for jaundice at Hyderabad hospital
Hyderabad:Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu, who undertook a six-day hunger strike against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh in New Delhi recently, is undergoing treatment at a local hospital here for jaundice.
Chandrababu was admitted to the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology last night on his return from the national capital.
"His (Chandrababu`s) sugar levels are normal and a team of specialists is treating him for jaundice," a health bulletin issued by the hospital said today
"On admission he was mildly dehydrated. He had lost four kgs of weight with marked wasting of body fat and muscle. We investigated his condition thoroughly through X-Ray, CT scan, ultrasound scan and bio-chemical tests. His vitals are stable," the bulletin said.
According to the hospital, Chandrababu`s health is being closely monitored by a team of doctors including a liver specialist and a nutrition specialist.
The 63-year-old former chief minister, who began his indefinite hunger strike on the Andhra Bhavan premises in New Delhi on Monday last, was evicted from the venue by police on Friday and shifted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital there.
He, however, continued his fast at the hospital on the sixth day.
A number of TDP leaders and film star Nandamuri Balakrishna visited Chandrababu in the hospital, besides former Congress minister P Shanker Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"