Chandrababu undergoes treatment for jaundice at Hyderabad hospital
Hyderabad:Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu, who undertook a six-day hunger strike against bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh in New Delhi recently, is undergoing treatment at a local hospital here for jaundice.
Chandrababu was admitted to the Asian Institute of Gastroenterology last night on his return from the national capital.
"His (Chandrababu`s) sugar levels are normal and a team of specialists is treating him for jaundice," a health bulletin issued by the hospital said today
"On admission he was mildly dehydrated. He had lost four kgs of weight with marked wasting of body fat and muscle. We investigated his condition thoroughly through X-Ray, CT scan, ultrasound scan and bio-chemical tests. His vitals are stable," the bulletin said.
According to the hospital, Chandrababu`s health is being closely monitored by a team of doctors including a liver specialist and a nutrition specialist.
The 63-year-old former chief minister, who began his indefinite hunger strike on the Andhra Bhavan premises in New Delhi on Monday last, was evicted from the venue by police on Friday and shifted to Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital there.
He, however, continued his fast at the hospital on the sixth day.
A number of TDP leaders and film star Nandamuri Balakrishna visited Chandrababu in the hospital, besides former Congress minister P Shanker Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!