Chiranjeevi visits Nagaram village to meet GAIL blast victims
Rajahmundry: Actor-turned-Congress politician and former union minister K Chiranjeevi on Sunday visited Nagaram village in East Godavari district where a gas pipeline had exploded, killing 19 people and injuring 18 others.
Accompanied by former Andhra Pradesh Congress Committee Chief Botsa Satyanarayana and former endowments minister N Ramachandraiah, Chiranjeevi visited the Nagaram village where the gas pipeline exploded.
Interacting with the people and consoling deceased family members, they enquired about the impact of the blast and damaged houses.
Later, they visited different hospitals in Amalapuram, Kakinada and Rajahmundry where 18 people are undergoing treatment and enquired about victims` health.
Speaking to reporters, Chiranjeevi demanded that the Andhra Pradesh state government pay Rs 1 lakh as compensation to those injured, since they are not in a position to attend their work, and bear their expenses until they recover.
"As most of them received severe burn injuries, it is not possible to attend work now. So the state government must pay Rs 1 lakh as compensation to those injured, which is Rs 50,000 more than what has been sanctioned by GAIL. The state government should take responsibility to provide best medical facilities to them for their speedy recovery," he said.
He alleged that GAIL`s negligence caused the explosion and GAIL had not taken any security measures.
He also said that he would raise the issue during the coming Parliament session.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic