Chiru escapes unhurt at a civic election campaign
Hyderabad: Praja Rajyam Party chief K
Chiranjeevi had a "lucky escape" from being electrocuted
during an election campaign for Greater Hyderabad Municipal
Corporation (GHMC) here today.
The incident happened when the actor-turned politician
Chiranjeevi was campaigning in support of his party candidate
at Gautham Nagar area under Malkajgiri Assembly segment after
his vehicle was passing under the dangling electric wires,
which have become a major threat to residents.
While passing a lane in the locality on his open-top
campaign vehicle under the electric wires his vehicle got
stopped and the party workers tried to lift the dangling wires
with a stick following which two electric wires came in
contact resulting in eruption of sparks.
Chiranjeevi, who is MLA from Tirupati, ducked to save
himself from the sparks and later continued his election
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic