Chiru escapes unhurt at a civic election campaign
Hyderabad: Praja Rajyam Party chief K
Chiranjeevi had a "lucky escape" from being electrocuted
during an election campaign for Greater Hyderabad Municipal
Corporation (GHMC) here today.
The incident happened when the actor-turned politician
Chiranjeevi was campaigning in support of his party candidate
at Gautham Nagar area under Malkajgiri Assembly segment after
his vehicle was passing under the dangling electric wires,
which have become a major threat to residents.
While passing a lane in the locality on his open-top
campaign vehicle under the electric wires his vehicle got
stopped and the party workers tried to lift the dangling wires
with a stick following which two electric wires came in
contact resulting in eruption of sparks.
Chiranjeevi, who is MLA from Tirupati, ducked to save
himself from the sparks and later continued his election
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step