Chiru escapes unhurt at a civic election campaign
Hyderabad: Praja Rajyam Party chief K
Chiranjeevi had a "lucky escape" from being electrocuted
during an election campaign for Greater Hyderabad Municipal
Corporation (GHMC) here today.
The incident happened when the actor-turned politician
Chiranjeevi was campaigning in support of his party candidate
at Gautham Nagar area under Malkajgiri Assembly segment after
his vehicle was passing under the dangling electric wires,
which have become a major threat to residents.
While passing a lane in the locality on his open-top
campaign vehicle under the electric wires his vehicle got
stopped and the party workers tried to lift the dangling wires
with a stick following which two electric wires came in
contact resulting in eruption of sparks.
Chiranjeevi, who is MLA from Tirupati, ducked to save
himself from the sparks and later continued his election
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player