Communal clash in Hyderabad: Curfew continues in trouble-hit areas
Hyderabad: Indefinite curfew remained in force for the second day on Thursday under Rajendranagar Police Station limits of Cyberabad Police Commissisonerate here in the wake of communal clashes and death of three persons in police firing in Kishanbagh area of Old City.
"The curfew is continuing...Situation is peaceful and under control...No untoward incidents have been reported," Cyberabad Joint Commissioner of Police Y Gangadhar told a news agency.
Three persons were killed yesterday in police firing following communal clashes sparked by alleged burning of a religious flag by some persons in Kishanbagh area of the Old City.
Police clamped indefinite curfew under Section 144 of CrPC in Rajendranagar Police Station limits after the clashes, which left 17 people, including ten police personnel, injured in heavy stone pelting.
Large number of police personnel, including RAF and Central Para Military Forces, were deployed in the area to maintain law and order.
Depending on the situation today, police may take a decision on relaxation in the curfew period.
Some troublemakers were taken into custody and were being questioned about their alleged role in the incident, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- Mulayam, Akhilesh scared of me; not allowing Muslim leaders in SP to speak up, alleges Asaduddin Owaisi