Communal clash in Hyderabad: Curfew continues in trouble-hit areas
Hyderabad: Indefinite curfew remained in force for the second day on Thursday under Rajendranagar Police Station limits of Cyberabad Police Commissisonerate here in the wake of communal clashes and death of three persons in police firing in Kishanbagh area of Old City.
"The curfew is continuing...Situation is peaceful and under control...No untoward incidents have been reported," Cyberabad Joint Commissioner of Police Y Gangadhar told a news agency.
Three persons were killed yesterday in police firing following communal clashes sparked by alleged burning of a religious flag by some persons in Kishanbagh area of the Old City.
Police clamped indefinite curfew under Section 144 of CrPC in Rajendranagar Police Station limits after the clashes, which left 17 people, including ten police personnel, injured in heavy stone pelting.
Large number of police personnel, including RAF and Central Para Military Forces, were deployed in the area to maintain law and order.
Depending on the situation today, police may take a decision on relaxation in the curfew period.
Some troublemakers were taken into custody and were being questioned about their alleged role in the incident, police sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites