Congress, CPI alliance in Telangana almost finalised
Hyderabad: An electoral alliance between the Congress and the Communist Party of India (CPI) in Telangana is likely to be announced soon.
The Congress has agreed to leave one Lok Sabha and 12 assembly seats for the CPI, sources in the Congress said.
The alliance will provide some relief to the Congress, which suffered a setback after Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) declined to merge or even an alliance with it.
The CPI had also held seat adjustment talks with the TRS but the latter did not respond positively to its demand.
The Congress leadership seized the initiative and agreed to the CPI`s demand.
Telangana Pradesh Congress Committee (TPCC) chief Ponnala Laksmaiah, who is camping in Delhi for three days, will meet CPI state secretary K. Narayana after his return from the national capital.
The two leaders are likely to announce the tie-up after final round of talks.
Telangana, which has 119 assembly and 17 Lok Sabha seats, is going to polls April 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself