Convene all-party meet on Babhli: Naidu to Rosaiah
Hyderabad: TDP president N Chandrababu Naidu
on Thursday appealed to Chief Minister K Rosaiah to convene an
all-party meet to discuss the Babhli issue, ahead of the
proposed meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on July
In a letter to the Chief Minister today, the TDP chief
said, "We received the draft note on Babhli for ventilating
our views. We request you to convene a meeting with all
political parties to place our suggestions before the state
Praja Rajyam Party president K Chiranjeevi also suggested
that the Chief Minister try to evolve a consensus among
political parties in the state on the Babhli issue ahead
of the meeting with the Prime Minister.
"It will be better if we go to the Prime Minister with
the common resolve that only a political solution will end the
Babhli row. I request you to convene an all-party meeting
before July 25 to discuss the issue," Chiranjeevi requested in
a separate letter to the Chief Minister.
He also requested Rosaiah to include two representatives
from each political party in the delegation meeting the Prime
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Check out these breathtaking images of Earth from ISS!
- Chocolate bar a day keeps strokes, diabetes away!
- 100% hike in salaries and allowances for our 'good conduct', demand Members of Parliament
- Supreme Court declines students' plea, says first phase of NEET will be held on Sunday
- Uttarakhand turns to trekking to boost tourist footfalls