Court extends judicial remand of Janardhan Reddy
Hyderabad: A local court on Friday extended till October 19 the judicial remand of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and three other accused, including two Karnataka MLAs, in connection with the cash-for-bail scam.
Currently lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison here, Reddy was produced along with his brother and Bellary city MLA Gali Somashekhar Reddy, another relative Dasaratha Ram Reddy and Kampli MLA Suresh Babu, before an Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) court which extended their judicial remand.
The three other accused are lodged in the Herlapalli Jail here.
Gali Janardhan Reddy who was earlier lodged in a Bangalore jail in connection with the illegal mining case, was brought here on a transit warrant.
The ACB probing the cash-for-bail scandal had registered two cases and filed separate charge-sheets.
The first charge-sheet was filed on August 13 against suspended special CBI court judge T Pattabhirama Rao and seven others for entering into a conspiracy to grant bail to the mining baron in the Obulapuram Mining Company case.
The second chargesheet was filed on September 6 against seven accused including two suspended judges K Lakshminarasimha Rao and T Prabhakar Rao, two Karnataka MLAs, Dasaratha Ram Reddy and a realtor Suryaprakash Babu, besides Gali Janardhan Reddy himself, for attempts to bribe special CBI court judge Pattabhirama Rao.
The ACB had arrested 11 accused, including three serving judges in both cases, though most of them are presently out on bail, including Pattabhirama Rao.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends