Court rejects Jagan`s plea to treat latest charge-sheet final
Hyderabad: The special CBI court here on Saturday dismissed the applications filed by jailed YSR Congress chief Y S Jaganmohan Reddy and his auditor Vijay Sai Reddy, seeking that the court treat the latest charge-sheet filed by CBI as the final one.
B Ravindranath, Deputy Legal Adviser to CBI, said the court rejected the plea.
The applications filed by the Kadapa MP and his aide said that while opposing Jagan`s bail plea before the Supreme Court last year, CBI had said it was going to file final charge-sheet by March on seven issues including investments in Jagan`s firms by Dalmia Cements.
The central agency had opposed the bail on the grounds that investigation was yet to be over.
However, the present applications by Jagan and Vijay Sai Reddy said the charge-sheet filed by CBI on April 8 this year was only regarding alleged investments made by Dalmia Cements, Eeswar Cements and Raghuram Cements, but not other issues.
However, the CBI court did not entertain the plea that the latest charge sheet be considered as the final one.
According to CBI, such investments were `quid pro quo` for favours from the government, when Jagan`s father, Y S Rajasekhara Reddy, was the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!