DA case: Jagan`s judicial custody extended till Oct 3
Hyderabad: A special CBI court here on Friday extended till October 3, the judicial remand of YSR Congress chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy and others accused in connection with an alleged disproportionate assets case against the Kadapa MP.
Jagan along with others accused, including his auditor V Vijay Sai Reddy, industrialist Nimmagadda Prasad and bureaucrat K V Brahmananda Reddy who are lodged in the Chanchalguda Central Prison, were produced before the court through video-conference which extended their judicial remand by another 14 days.
Former AP ministers Dharmana Prasada Rao and Sabitha Reddy, both accused in the case, also appeared before the court.
The court had earlier on September 18 reserved its order till September 23 on Jagan`s bail plea.
Jaganmohan was arrested by the CBI on May 27 last year on corruption charges. The central agency has so far filed 10 chargesheets against Jagan and others in the case and five of these were filed this month itself.
The case relates to alleged investments made by private firms and individual investors in Jagan`s companies as a quid pro quo for government favours when his father, late YS Rajasekhara Reddy was Andhra Pradesh chief minister.
Meanwhile, the court also extended the judicial custody of former Karnataka minister Gali Janardhan Reddy and others accused in the case pertaining to alleged illegal mining involving his OMC firm, till October 3 after they were produced through video-link from the Chanchalguda jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai