Declare Hyderabad permanent joint capital: Chiranjeevi
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister K Chirnajeevi on Saturday demanded that Hyderabad be made permanent joint capital of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana or the second capital of India.
He told reporters here that Hyderabad belonged to people of all three regions (Telangana, Andhra and Rayalaseema) and hence it should be made a permanent capital of the two states or the second capital of India as once suggested by BR Ambedkar.
The central government has announced that Hyderabad will be common capital of the two states for 10 years. Within this period, Andhra Pradesh will develop its own capital.
On the demand for his resignation to protest the central government`s decision to bifurcate the state, Chiranjeevi said if his resignation would help solve the problem, he would be the first person to quit.
The actor-turned-politician stressed the need for focusing on the development of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and Andhra).
He strongly condemned the remark by Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandraskhara Rao that employees from Seemandhra would have to go back from Hyderabad.
The central minister said the TRS leader was making provocative statements to prolong the issue. "He is afraid of becoming politically unemployed after the formation of Telangana state," he said.
Chiranjeevi assured Seemandhra people and employees living in Hyderabad that he would stand by them. He warned Chandraskhara Rao that his provocative statements would not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials