Declare Hyderabad permanent joint capital: Chiranjeevi
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister K Chirnajeevi on Saturday demanded that Hyderabad be made permanent joint capital of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana or the second capital of India.
He told reporters here that Hyderabad belonged to people of all three regions (Telangana, Andhra and Rayalaseema) and hence it should be made a permanent capital of the two states or the second capital of India as once suggested by BR Ambedkar.
The central government has announced that Hyderabad will be common capital of the two states for 10 years. Within this period, Andhra Pradesh will develop its own capital.
On the demand for his resignation to protest the central government`s decision to bifurcate the state, Chiranjeevi said if his resignation would help solve the problem, he would be the first person to quit.
The actor-turned-politician stressed the need for focusing on the development of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and Andhra).
He strongly condemned the remark by Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandraskhara Rao that employees from Seemandhra would have to go back from Hyderabad.
The central minister said the TRS leader was making provocative statements to prolong the issue. "He is afraid of becoming politically unemployed after the formation of Telangana state," he said.
Chiranjeevi assured Seemandhra people and employees living in Hyderabad that he would stand by them. He warned Chandraskhara Rao that his provocative statements would not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read