Declare Hyderabad permanent joint capital: Chiranjeevi
New Delhi: Union Tourism Minister K Chirnajeevi on Saturday demanded that Hyderabad be made permanent joint capital of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana or the second capital of India.
He told reporters here that Hyderabad belonged to people of all three regions (Telangana, Andhra and Rayalaseema) and hence it should be made a permanent capital of the two states or the second capital of India as once suggested by BR Ambedkar.
The central government has announced that Hyderabad will be common capital of the two states for 10 years. Within this period, Andhra Pradesh will develop its own capital.
On the demand for his resignation to protest the central government`s decision to bifurcate the state, Chiranjeevi said if his resignation would help solve the problem, he would be the first person to quit.
The actor-turned-politician stressed the need for focusing on the development of Seemandhra (Rayalaseema and Andhra).
He strongly condemned the remark by Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandraskhara Rao that employees from Seemandhra would have to go back from Hyderabad.
The central minister said the TRS leader was making provocative statements to prolong the issue. "He is afraid of becoming politically unemployed after the formation of Telangana state," he said.
Chiranjeevi assured Seemandhra people and employees living in Hyderabad that he would stand by them. He warned Chandraskhara Rao that his provocative statements would not be tolerated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?