Development works worth Rs 450 crores taken up, says AP CM
Visakhapatnam: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy said that developmental works worth Rs 450 crores had been taken up during the three-day Indiramma Baata programme at various places in Visakhapatnam.
Addressing a press conference at INS Dega airport here this evening before leaving for Hyderabad, he said that instructions had been issued to address problems raised by the people.
He said that the Indiramma Baata programme was very helpful to the government as it received feedback about people`s problems by interacting with them.
He said instructions had given to sanction houses to people who lost their houses in fire accidents, within seven days.
He said that the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant has taken up an expansion programme and spend Rs 22,000 crores within five years to 5,000 new employees. The state government would also consider all aspects about the allocation of captive iron mines for the plant, he said.
He said that the central government would have to take a decision about the demand to stop mining activities in the agency areas of the district.
The Visakhapatnam district would receive Rs 1325 crores for development of roads, he said. The BT Road would be laid in the district, including the agency area having a population of 100 people, he said.
Regarding the regularisation of lands at Simhachalam, he said that the Endowments Department would take legal opinion on the issue, as there were some court judgments in the matter.
He said the government had alreay sanctioned Rs 30 crores for the Visakha Institute of Medical Sciences (VIMS) and the finance department will allocate funds based on a report given by the authorities about the extent of funds necessary to be spent before March 2013.
He said out of the 15,000 houses sanctioned for Visakhapatnam, 6000 houses had been constructed. Construction of another 4000 houses is in different stages and instructions had been given to complete them before March 2013, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read