DMK councillor hospitalised following free for all
Coimbatore: Pandemonium prevailed at the corporation meeting here today and a DMK woman councillor was injured following a free-for-all after the budget for 2013-14 was presented.
After presenting the budget, Mayor S M Velusamy announced that the discussion on it would be held at 3.30 PM, for which Opposition DMK leader Nandakumar sought time till tomorrow.
However, the Mayor said a majority of the councillors--AIADMK ruling corporation has 80 members-- wanted the discussion to be held at that time.
At this DMK and Congress councillors started raising slogans, which were countered by their AIADMK counterparts and nothing could be heard in the din. The arguments ended in a free-for-all.
In the melee, DMK woman councillor, Meena Loganathan was injured and she was admitted to the nearby Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!