DMK councillor hospitalised following free for all
Coimbatore: Pandemonium prevailed at the corporation meeting here today and a DMK woman councillor was injured following a free-for-all after the budget for 2013-14 was presented.
After presenting the budget, Mayor S M Velusamy announced that the discussion on it would be held at 3.30 PM, for which Opposition DMK leader Nandakumar sought time till tomorrow.
However, the Mayor said a majority of the councillors--AIADMK ruling corporation has 80 members-- wanted the discussion to be held at that time.
At this DMK and Congress councillors started raising slogans, which were countered by their AIADMK counterparts and nothing could be heard in the din. The arguments ended in a free-for-all.
In the melee, DMK woman councillor, Meena Loganathan was injured and she was admitted to the nearby Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?