DMK councillor hospitalised following free for all
Coimbatore: Pandemonium prevailed at the corporation meeting here today and a DMK woman councillor was injured following a free-for-all after the budget for 2013-14 was presented.
After presenting the budget, Mayor S M Velusamy announced that the discussion on it would be held at 3.30 PM, for which Opposition DMK leader Nandakumar sought time till tomorrow.
However, the Mayor said a majority of the councillors--AIADMK ruling corporation has 80 members-- wanted the discussion to be held at that time.
At this DMK and Congress councillors started raising slogans, which were countered by their AIADMK counterparts and nothing could be heard in the din. The arguments ended in a free-for-all.
In the melee, DMK woman councillor, Meena Loganathan was injured and she was admitted to the nearby Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan