DMK councillor hospitalised following free for all
Coimbatore: Pandemonium prevailed at the corporation meeting here today and a DMK woman councillor was injured following a free-for-all after the budget for 2013-14 was presented.
After presenting the budget, Mayor S M Velusamy announced that the discussion on it would be held at 3.30 PM, for which Opposition DMK leader Nandakumar sought time till tomorrow.
However, the Mayor said a majority of the councillors--AIADMK ruling corporation has 80 members-- wanted the discussion to be held at that time.
At this DMK and Congress councillors started raising slogans, which were countered by their AIADMK counterparts and nothing could be heard in the din. The arguments ended in a free-for-all.
In the melee, DMK woman councillor, Meena Loganathan was injured and she was admitted to the nearby Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port