DMK councillor hospitalised following free for all
Coimbatore: Pandemonium prevailed at the corporation meeting here today and a DMK woman councillor was injured following a free-for-all after the budget for 2013-14 was presented.
After presenting the budget, Mayor S M Velusamy announced that the discussion on it would be held at 3.30 PM, for which Opposition DMK leader Nandakumar sought time till tomorrow.
However, the Mayor said a majority of the councillors--AIADMK ruling corporation has 80 members-- wanted the discussion to be held at that time.
At this DMK and Congress councillors started raising slogans, which were countered by their AIADMK counterparts and nothing could be heard in the din. The arguments ended in a free-for-all.
In the melee, DMK woman councillor, Meena Loganathan was injured and she was admitted to the nearby Government Hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- BJD members stone Textile Minister Santosh Gangwar’s car in Odisha, MLA arrested
- Watch: Arjun Kapoor makes his voice-over debut as 'Buck' in Hindi trailer of 'Ice Age Collision Course'!
- Govt, RBI seek to soothe wracked investor nerves after Brexit
- Chicago University welcomes Raghuram Rajan back to academics
- No kids for John Abraham for now