Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated across Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Eid-ul-Fitr was on Friday celebrated across Andhra Pradesh with members of the Muslim community flocking mosques, shrines and prayer grounds to offer special prayers.
People exchanged greetings and warm embraces as the festive spirit gripped capital Hyderabad and the rest of the state.
A Muslim delegation comprising ulemas (scholars) and other leaders, led by Chairman of AP Minorities Commission, Abid Rasool Khan, met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at his camp office here to convey its greetings.
Reddy wished the Muslims in the state on the occasion of Eid.
Eid-ul-Fitr marks the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa