Eid-ul-Fitr celebrated across Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: Eid-ul-Fitr was on Friday celebrated across Andhra Pradesh with members of the Muslim community flocking mosques, shrines and prayer grounds to offer special prayers.
People exchanged greetings and warm embraces as the festive spirit gripped capital Hyderabad and the rest of the state.
A Muslim delegation comprising ulemas (scholars) and other leaders, led by Chairman of AP Minorities Commission, Abid Rasool Khan, met Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy at his camp office here to convey its greetings.
Reddy wished the Muslims in the state on the occasion of Eid.
Eid-ul-Fitr marks the culmination of the holy month of Ramzan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj