Elections to local bodies to be held soon: Reddy
Vijayawada (AP): Andhra Pradesh chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy announced that elections to local bodies will be held very soon by clearing all legal barriers, while addressing Congress workers.
He said that the high court in its recent verdict imposed restrictions on reservations for backward communities and that the government is looking at other options to provide reservations in local bodies elections. The government plans to constitute a cabinet sub-committee to study the high court verdict and options for backward community reservations.
The government has decided to provide interest-free loans to farmers this financial year. Tenant farmers will also get loans to the extent of Rs 2,000. Besides this, the government is also gearing up to purchase paddy directly from farmers from this kharif season in seven districts on trail basis at Rs 1500 a quintal, which is more than the minimum support price, he said.
He said that interest free loans worth Rs 13,000 loans will be provided to women self help groups in rural areas this year. The government has sanctioned Rs 360 crores to construct 1600 offices for self help groups.
The government also plans to fill up vacancies for 1.25 lakh posts. In addition to this, 28,000 teachers` posts will be filled up. It has created 45,000 posts in government services for the educated unemployed, he said.
On the power front, he said that Rs 5,500 crore will be spent as subsidy. The government is prepared to spend Rs 200 crores a month from October to meet the demand, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi