ESL Narasimhan takes charge as Andhra Governor
Hyderabad: E S Lakshmi Narasimhan was today sworn-in as the Governor of Andhra Pradesh following N D Tiwari`s resignation in the wake of a controversy over a sting
operation purportedly showing him in a compromising position with three women.
He was administered the oath of office by AP High Court Chief Justice A Ramesh Dave at a brief function in the Raj Bhavan at 9.30 am.
President Pratibha Patil had yesterday asked Narasimhan, currently the Chattisgarh Governor, to discharge the duties in the Raj Bhavan here till further arrangements
Chief Minister K Rosaiah, his Cabinet colleagues, leaders of opposition parties, former Chief Minister Nadendla Bhaskara Rao and others attended the function.
State Chief Secretary P Ramakanth Reddy read out the warrant of appointment of Narasimhan following which the High Court Chief Justice administered the oath.
A former Indian Police Service officer of the Andhra Pradesh cadre, Narasimhan has also served as chief of the Intelligence Bureau.
Narasimhan arrived here late last night and was received at the Begumpet airport by Rosaiah.
Tiwari, who submitted his resignation on Saturday, left for New Delhi around 5.30 am today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Cuteness alert! Insanely adorable pictures of 'Ye Hai Mohabbatein' fame Ruhaanika Dhawan
- Mother Sofia Hayat displays her singing talent - Watch video
- Mercedes, GE among 'Make in India' investors
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi