Five newborn babies die in hospital in Vijayawada
Hyderabad: Five newborn babies tonight died under mysterious circumstances in the infants ward of a hospital in Vijayawada, around 300 kms from here, triggering protest by their parents.
Doctors at the old government general hospital claimed three babies died a natural death and enquiry is on to ascertain the cause of the death of the other two infants.
Meanwhile, parents of the deceased alleged that the babies died due to failure of incubators and the central oxygen system.
Nine newborn babies are currently in incubators and condition of one of them is said to be critical.
Tension prevailed at the hospital as irate parents sat on dharna, alleging that their children died due to negligence of the doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened