Former naxal Sambashivudu killed
Hyderabad: TRS leader Sambashivudu -- a
former maoist -- was hacked to death by unidentified persons
in Nalgonda district of Andhra Pradesh late last night, police
He was returning to Hyderabad from Nalgonda district
along with his supporters in car, when they were waylaid and
attacked near Gokaram village in Velgonda mandal, police
Sambashivudu, whose original name was Konapuri Ilaiah and
once an active naxal before surrendering in 2009 because
of ill-health, joined Telangana Rashtra Samithi last year. He
was made a member of the TRS politburo.
He and his supporters were returning in two cars after
attending a `Dhoom Dham` programme in support of a separate
He was seriously injured in the attack, and succumbed to
injuries while being shifted to Hyderabad, police said. Some
of his supporters too were injured.
He was suspected to be involved in the naxal attacks on
former Chief Ministers N Chandrababu Naidu (TDP) and N
Janardan Reddy (Congress), in the past.
TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao and several other party
leaders condemned the killing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH