Four-day state mourning in Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad: The Andhra Pradesh government
On Sunday declared a four-day state mourning for Sri Sathya Sai
Baba, who died in Puttaparthi in Ananthapur district today.
The last rites of the Sai Baba will be performed with
state honours, a state government release said. Baba will be
buried at the Sai Kulwant Hall in Prashanti Nilayam on
A government release said a state mourning till
Wednesday has been announced as a tribute to the departed
"The Chief Minister has also announced that the last
rites will be performed with state honours. He also declared
Wednesday a holiday for Anantapur district," the release said.
Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy expressed grief
over the demise of Sai Baba and recalled the "unparalleled
services rendered by him to the humanity in myriad ways which
are beyond description."
"Sri Sai Baba is a symbol of love, affection and
passion. Sri Satya Sai Baba has given his great self to
service of humanity in the form of various services not only
to our State, our country but also to the entire world," he
said in his condolence message.
"He will be remembered for ages to come by all
sections of people all over the world," the Chief Minister
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch